There are five boxes to use in the defense of Liberty: The Soap Box, the Mail Box, the Ballot Box, the Jury Box, and the Ammunition Box. Please use them in that order.
Contact Your OfficialsThe Sunlight Foundation has many projects that help you track what's going on and how to contact your elected officials. Some of their online tools include:
- OpenCongress.org: Track the progress of bills and view information about elected officials including their voting history & contact information
- Call On Congress: Dial 1-888-907-6886 to find out what's going on in Washington and how you are being represented
- OpenStates.org: See who your state representatives are, what committees they're on, what bills they've sponsored, and more.
If you have an iPhone, try one of these apps:
- When writing a letter be sure to reference any proposed legislation by number if applicable (i.e. HR 123).
- Don't use form letters emailed to you or found on a website. Masses of these form letters typically are just stacked together and are generally not given as much weight as a letter written by an individual.
- For the most impact, write and mail a letter, and address the envelope by hand.
- You may also fax or phone the official's office.